Sunday, September 17, 2006

Bone Marrow Transplant Patient Reunion


Josephine and I went to the Cleveland Clinic's Bone Marrow Transplant Celebration of Life: Patient Reunion. This annual event was held this year at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I was touched by how many people have been treated and at the same time, how many people have been affected by cancer, particularly leukemia. The 800 people that attended was only a small part of the huge family that the disease influences; care-givers, family members, as well as patients. And to think that those in attendance were only the survivors. It was also a good experience for me to see how important my wife's work is. Her work, although she says indirectly, helps makes these peoples lives better. I think that's awesome. I enjoyed meeting all her coworkers and seeing the people she interacts with everyday. It was also my first time at the Rock Hall. I'll have to go again when I can actually go through the entire exhibit!

No comments: